Thursday, May 19, 2011

Another Early Morning

Woke .up early again today (2:45 this time), tossed and turned for a few minutes but then decided to look at this as a gift and spend some time working on my priorities (or at least figuring out what they are).  I am pretty lost right now, not sure where I'm going or want to be (but making a lot of progress :} ).  Last night I was at one of my first meeting for World Financial Group and Sheldon said something about working toward who he wants to be everyday and I thought I don't even know what that is.  I haven't even started Beginning With The End In Mind, the first habit of the Seven Habits.

Sheldon also had a couple of other phrases that stuck with me.

  • You have to influence yourself before you can influence others.
  • If you don't implement something new you learned in the first 72 hours then you never will.
Another lesson I learned yesterday from my reading and I posted it on Buzz, our attention span is only good for 60 -90 minutes.  Anything more than that and our body begins to get fidgety, our mind begins to wander.  I think my goal of spending an hour a day on Sharpening The Saw is wise and I should do a better job of implementing it.

A couple of interesting things I have noticed - since I have started planning out my time a little more (could still do a better job at it), some things have gotten better like I am catching up on all my personal record keeping but I have stopped showing up early at work since I put on my schedule that I wanted to get there by 8.  Part of the reason for that though has been that I have been studying for my life insurance exam.

Remember, this journal is largely free-flowing top of mind recording of thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment