Sunday, May 15, 2011

If you are an expert at something, you should be able to write a book about it.  This is the book about my life.  I want to be an expert at my life.

These posts will be very top of mind and random, limited only by ability to type as fast as thoughts flash into my mind and disappear.

The first question I had as I was writing the above paragraphs as what does that mean?  Is it even valuable?  Isn't wanting something an expression of desire for something you don't have, as Buddha taught?  And couldn't I be happy if I just stopped wanting what I didn't have?

What do you want to do Peter?  Absolutely nothing.  You don't need a million dollars to do that!

That is a good question and worthy of further thought, but for now I have bills to pay and I have to figure out how to be as effective as possible.  I am in a good spot here, since I am not currently forced to take work I won't enjoy and grow in.  That won't last forever.

I am working at H&R Block part time in the preseason, and receiving unemployment benefits that make up the difference between what I am making and the max UI benefits I would receive if I wasn't working ($450/week).  I enjoy the work but it doesn't pay very well and doesn't look like it ever will.  Not that it matters, I don't want to do this forever anyway.  I am working hard right now to learn the job and how to create revenue to secure a place in the company because it is the best thing I have going right now but even if I get to a place where I am making decent money, I would just start looking for something else.

I think what I really want to be is a Venture Capitalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment