In my quest to build something I'm proud of, also something that makes money, and something that will allow me to take pride and claim the victory of success in something I've invested a lot of time in, I also want to provide something that adds value to people's lives, I have been kicking around thoughts about how to systematize BrettsFitnessTips.com.
My thinking is going like this, I publish a long 1200-2000 word original article that is actually a collection of teasers of other articles.
Each of those teasers links to a PLR article on a separate domain (blog.brettsfitnesstips.com?)
Even though this separate domain will be (mostly) duplicate content, I'm still going to index the articles. I want people to be able to find them if they're searching for them directly.
The PLR articles the teasers are based on will form a silo that points to an original article on the separate domain.
Why?
I want the top of silo articles on the separate domain to rank, but is there any chance of that happening with so much duplicate content on it? Probably not. So why the original article?
I also am considering having each topic have its own subdomain (like I started doing with programs.bft and womenshealth.bft) so maybe I would have a pilates.bft domain or bodyweight.bft domain. The advantage of this is if one started to get traction I could start converting PLR to original content and it would take a lot less original content for the domain to shed the penalty. Each domain would be tightly focused on niche. The drawback is the domain names are going to be very long.
Let me back up a bit because what I'm actually thinking of doing is having PLR articles arranged in a silo on a subdomain all leading to a review or sales type article at the top of the silo (is this necessary?) with a corresponding article on BFT rewritten to be original pointing up to a top of silo article that I want to rank and serve as a gateway to the PLR domain. If the plr domain starts to get its own traction, I can convert the plr into original articles to speed the momentum. Maybe I should sketch this out.
Remember the whole idea behind this is how do I get one article on a topic to rank and use that as a gateway to more plr articles that sell.
Addition: Thursday Feb 19 2015 830pm
I just had an insight.
Seems obvious.
I don't need to spend any time on building subdomains until an article starts generating traffic. Duh, right?
Right now, only one article on BFT is getting consistent traffic. At this time, I should focus my energy on writing original articles and building links to those articles. Once a url starts getting traffic then I can start monetizing it.
Addition: Thursday Feb 19 2015 830pm
I just had an insight.
Seems obvious.
I don't need to spend any time on building subdomains until an article starts generating traffic. Duh, right?
Right now, only one article on BFT is getting consistent traffic. At this time, I should focus my energy on writing original articles and building links to those articles. Once a url starts getting traffic then I can start monetizing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment