Affirmations haven't always worked for me. In fact, most of the time they don't. +Affirmations
I usually have what Dr. Joe Vitale describes as counter-intentions. These are those pieces of "evidence" that the little voice in my head throws out there when I use affirmations. +DrJoeVitale +CounterIntentions
Me: "Abundance comes to me easily and effortlessly." +Abundance
Little Voice In My Head: "Oh yeah, than why do you live in a little apartment, drive a crappy car, and are up to your ears in debt?"
So I developed a couple of little tricks to help me side-step that voice in my head and make affirmations a more positive part of my life.
The first one is, I ask, "What if?"
"What if abundance came to me easily and effortlessly?"
Then I look to see how it feels. I remind myself that the point of affirmations is to raise my energy level, my vibration, my excitement, whatever you want to call it, you know what I'm talking about and you know when affirmations aren't getting it done.
I keep asking the questions from different angles until I find the one that results in a positive, hopeful feeling.
The second thing I do, is ask, "How can I..."
"How can I feel as if abundance is coming to me easily and effortlessly?"
Then I wait for the answer. This can take awhile. If I already had the answer and just forgot, it comes to me right away. If there's information I need to learn, this can take a while, weeks even.
This advice comes from Dr. Robert Anthony. He describes our subconscious mind and its connection to the higher power, as our Essential Silent Partner, or ESP. It's our ESP that brings the answers to us. +DrRobertAnthony +EssentialSilentPartner
The mistake I make here is trying to force the answer, look for it. I'm better off directing my efforts elsewhere. The answer usually comes to me during meditation, or my shower, or through some external means, but it RARELY comes by going to it. This was difficult to accept at the beginning because if I had a question I wanted an answer to it right away. Fortunately, I'm interested in many things and I can turn my attention to any number of other desires while I'm waiting for the answer to be revealed to me. +Meditation
So, that's it, my two work-arounds when affirmations aren't working:
1. "What if..."
2. "How can I..."
Give them a try and let me know how it goes.
Related Posts --------------------------------------------------------------
Affirmations Don't Always Work
http://www.bubblews.com/news/9708777-the-problem-with-affirmations
Does Altruism Really Exist?
http://www.bubblews.com/news/9744524-how-is-helping-others-benefiting-you
This post What I Do When Affirmations Are Not Working by me originally appeared on Bubblews.
Wordcount=458
No comments:
Post a Comment